Monday, June 12, 2006

June 12, 2006

Well it is my son-in-law Mark's birthday today... so Happy Birthday Mark. He is a great guy and married to our daughter, Jennifer who is expecting a little boy in about 5 weeks. We had a Baby Shower for her on Saturday. It was wonderful and I think that they got everything they needed and more!

It was funny Mark's Mom and I were talking and wondered how any of our children survived without all of the safety itemsa that they have today. We didn't even have car seats for our precious children!

We had lots of family time this weekend our favorite "adopted" child even flew in from New England. Kendra is the daughter of Bob's cousin Tony who lives in Massachusetts. She and her siblings were very close to our 3 children growing up and we have kept the lines of communication open and have a very special relationship with this sweet young woman. She has blessed our lives so very much and we are grateful that despite the miles we have been able to remain close.

Last week my daughter-in-law Susan called to tell me that Emma's new favorite song is "My Redeemer Lives." I love that song because it is such a vivid reminder for all of us that He does live. In the midst of the choas He is there; in the midst of our pain He is there; in the midst of our joys, He is there. He never leaves us and He cares about every aspect of our lives. I am so blessed by being able to see these precious little ones grwoing up loving Jesus. There is nothing better.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wanda said...

Dear Cindie: I am a personal friend of Darlene's and read her posts and comments daily. I was touched by your comment using the Velveteen Rabbit, because that was my fist thought too. I came to your blog, and can't believe you didn't have any comments. Yeah. I'm glad I get to be the first. I am a first time blogger myself. In fact my blog banner is Brush Strokes from the Heart, and it's still generic, as I havent been able to create a nice banner yet.
Wanda

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home